Does your website take a long time to load? Is the number of visits to your portal very low? Do users leave your page before seeing the content you offer? The affirmative answer to all these questions means that you urgently need to make important changes.
Loading time is an extremely valuable aspect. People like to wait when they are browsing the Internet. Would you like to offer an excellent user experience and have your visitors stay with you? In such a case, you should pay attention to the WPO.
What it consists of and how the WPO affects the operation of your website will be explained below. Keep reading and discover all the details.
What is the WPO?
Web Performance Optimization consists of a series of actions that a WPO specialist must execute to optimize the performance of a web page. Through this process, it is possible to analyze in depth the technical aspects of a certain page.
During the analysis, the weak points that affect the loading speed are detected to implement different corrective actions. The main objective of the WPO is to identify, verify and correct all the elements that alter the speed of your portal.
Now, is the WPO important? The answer to this question is definitely yes. Getting the best positions in search engines is not the product of chance but of applying well-thought-out strategies. Of course, these include those related to performance optimization.
You must make your page functional and fast to go to the next level and compete with the big ones. If you still need convincing, continue reading.
Advantages of the WPO
Improving the WPO of a website offers multiple benefits, some of the most prominent are:
- Climb to the highest positions of the search engines. A slow website equals failure when it comes to SEO. By automatically improving the loading speed, there is a significant increase in organic positioning. Google bots crawl an optimized site more effectively.
- Increase the chances of conversion. What is sought is that the visitor stops being a simple person online to become a lead, client or fan. Attract qualified traffic.
- Significantly decrease the bounce rate. In other words, prevent users from leaving the portal without interacting with it.
- Offer a satisfactory user experience. If the Internet user is happy, they will surely return.
- An optimized page can promote a brand’s identity, project the best corporate image, and demonstrate that you invest and are committed to improving your business.
- Simplify costs in server resources. Content optimization will allow you to have fewer heavy files and images. You can opt for a more affordable plan.
Importance of upload speed
Statistics show that many users abandon a page if it takes more than 3 seconds to load. This makes it clear that loading speed does matter. To stand out, it is essential to do a good job of optimization.
You may be wondering how you can know that your website is slow. A very effective measurement tool to know the load time is PageSpeed . This is in charge of evaluating the speed and offering relevant information and practical suggestions to improve the results.
Identifying weaknesses is the first step towards change. Remember that the speed of your portal has become a determining factor that affects SEO, conversion rate, ROI and user experience. And this speed must be the same for both mobile phones and computers.
The main techniques of WPO
Once the weak points slowing down your website have been identified, applying the most effective WPO techniques is extremely important to change the landscape. If you are not an expert in the field, the assistance of a professional would be good for you.
These are just some of the techniques applied to minimize excessive loading time :
- Techniques in the web server: They allow, among other things, to choose quality hosting services, optimize hosting resources, improve the characteristics of the server processor, use different caching systems, and protect against DDS attacks and hotlinking.
- Load improvement techniques related to the design of the portal: They contribute to changing the portal’s appearance, avoiding the abuse of elements, selecting the correct format, generating responsive versions, optimizing the size of the contents or adding lighter designs.
- WPO techniques in the web system: They focus on using plugins, correctly configuring images, showing text extracts, hosting multimedia files on other external platforms, compressing codes and promoting an optimal content manager. Contents.