If you want to create an online project, you must consider several aspects to carry it out successfully. First of all, you must be clear about the theme of your website, that is, its purpose and functionalities.
Next, you must be clear about what a web platform is, which we can tell you is an internet site, which allows you to store all kinds of information. It works with specific operating systems and runs programs or applications with certain content.
There is a great diversity of web platforms, among which we can mention those dedicated to electronic commerce, blogs, online educational sites, news websites, online communities, among others.
In the next section, we will briefly define some of them:
Online stores or Ecommerce
These are very common online sites today and represent an attractive alternative to generate money, with the advantages that a physical store does not offer since your customers can be located anywhere in the world. You can offer products or services online.
Blogs are one of the most popular internet sites among young people, and through this platform, you can tackle an infinity of topics, both of lucrative and recreational interest.
Educational Online Sites
Online education has escalated in terms of reputation in recent years. More and more people are joining this type of activity, including institutes and other educational centres, to individuals with specific skills who can instruct others to achieve optimal learning.
In this new universal era, thanks to technology and internet access, fast and accurate information can be obtained so that each individual can become a news broadcaster. In this case, creating an online site gives you the ideal communication platform.
Communities on the web are more and more numerous, and they address multiple topics, from educational to leisure and fun. One of the characteristics of this type of site is that you can communicate in real-time and exchange opinions and ideas.
What seven aspects should you take into account before starting an online project?
Next, we quote them:
- Define the objectives: Before undertaking an online project, transparent and accurate goals must be established in search of success. You have to know where you want to direct the project and the methodology to achieve the objectives.
- Establish strategies: Before developing any project, you must establish the strategies or processes to follow to meet the objectives. Planning every detail will help to improve or change strategies quickly if necessary.
- Establish the target audience: The project to be developed must be focused on a specific audience, so it is necessary to determine who it will be aimed at, creating an appropriate profile.
- Find professionals in each branch: It is essential to have specialized personnel and companies that provide the best service, advice, and response to any problem.
- Carry out the business design: You have to make a business design that adapts to the online project’s possibilities.
- Carry out a benefit-cost analysis: It is essential to calculate the estimated benefits with the project to determine if they will cover the costs, plus the profit margin.
- Establish which web platforms will be used: After having established the objectives, you have to choose where you want to develop the project, and for this, you have to know which platforms can work best. Be it a web page, a mobile app, an online store, or many others; you have to select the most suitable one.
Once these seven steps have been carried out and have clear the type of content, you want to publish and the online consumer you want to target, you proceed to look for the web domain under which it will be released. A domain must be short, simple, and attractive, in addition to going through a domain verifier, which will indicate if it is available or show you the alternatives of available domains.
You recommend using the .com since it is the most popular in online searches and is a top-level domain. In case your audience is in a specific country, you can also use particular extensions from that country such as .es, it, .fr …
Once you have the domain, we must think about choosing the host and quality. Hosting consists of a file and data storage service on a server so that your website works perfectly. The hosting you choose is of vital importance since it will allow your online content to be available seven days a week and 24 hours a day, in addition to protecting your site from malicious attacks, among other aspects.
Types of hosting
The types of hosting that exist in the market are the following:
- Shared hosting
- Hosting VPS
- Hosting in the cloud
- Hosting WordPress
- Hosting with a dedicated server
Depending on the type of website and your needs, you must choose the correct server for your project.
Then the platform you use to create your website will play an important role in its success. The platforms for creating web pages are diverse and vary depending on the type of content. Among those in the most significant demand, we can mention content management systems or cms.
What are Content Management Systems or CMS?
A cms platform is a widely used system for sites such as blogs and those that generate constant and innovative content. It allows you to create, manage and maintain your website without requiring excellent programming knowledge.
Among the types of cms, the following can be mentioned:
Considered the most used and one of the best cms in the world, it is free cms and the most popular if you want to start an online project since it has around 52,000 plugins at your disposal and design templates for your website.
In addition, wordpress has a community of active programmers looking to improve this platform, both in performance and security, continually.
It is the second most used content manager by the public. Like the previous one, it allows you to publish content through a simple and intuitive panel, although it is usually a bit complex for beginners, especially in programming or website administration.
As for Drupal, opinions are diverse since it is considered one of the programs to create web pages more complex and challenging to use in the first instance. But for others, with proper instruction, they express that you can enjoy many advantages offered by this platform.
This content manager gives you the ability to create custom designs through the flexibility to expand the website’s functionality. In conclusion, in a powerful manager but not recommended for beginners.
Once you have chosen the proper content manager to start your online project, the next thing is to begin publishing, grow in terms of audience and content quality, monitor progress, and keep improving based on minor errors.
These are just some applications to create web pages available in the market—however, others include Magento and special Prestashop for online stores.
Remember to go to professional web designers who can help you develop your website.
Also Read: Top 3 Most Influential SEO Metrics